Education evolves as both subject knowledge and pedagogical understanding develop, and as the needs and values of our society change. It also changes with the students: their prior knowledge and skills; the activities they find engaging and motivating; the concepts and methods they find challenging; their constraints from family and secondary jobs. Students bring unique and valuable experiences, perspectives and aspirations to their courses. iEarth aims to bring students’ expertise into courses and study programs through continuous, collaborative educational development, where students and staff co-create a dynamic and inclusive education.
Focus area 2 is currently working on
- The iEarth student organisation (chapters at UiB, UiO, UiT and UNIS): A place forstudents to meet and discuss, initiate and drive education development.
- Education development: Students and staff collaborate on iEarth-funded projects todevelop courses, from new resources to co-creating entire courses.
- Course representatives (piloting at UiO): students and staff in dialogue to continuouslyimprove and develop current courses.
- Students as change agents: Support students in identifying the education experiencesthey consider important and develop their education to meet their needs.
- Geolearning forum: A meeting place for students and staff to discuss education, exchangeexperiences and learn from each other, and from education science research.
- Development project “Samskaping som fremmer aktiv laering og utvikling av praksisfellesskap”: Involving students and staff in co-creation of teaching and learning.